Oatmeal is a breakfast staple in many homes! I know it is in mine! Sometimes it can get a bit boring and trite with the same old toppings!
Here is a list of a few (maybe not so healthy) versions to spruce up your oatmeal and kickstart your mornings!
1. Mocha – stir in some instant coffee with some cocoa powder for an instant mocha oatmeal!
2. Carmel Apple – Stir in some apple chunks and drizzle with a bit of carmel sauce.
3. Tropical Blend – Stir in some coconut and pineapple or mango for a tropical twist.
4. Raspberry Almond – stir in some raspberries and top off with some slivered almonds.
5. Raisin Cookie – Stir in some raisins, cinnamon, and top with some brown sugar.
6. Maple Bacon – Stir in some bacon and maple syrup for a hearty breakfast version.
7. Pumpkin Pie – Stir in some pumpkin filling and top with some brown sugar.
8. Pecan Pie – Stir in some brown sugar and top with some pecans.
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie – Stir in some chocolate chips and walnuts for a sweet twist.
10. Banana Bread – Stir in some bananas and cinnamon for a down home version.
11. Sweet and Salty – Stir in a few chocolate chips with some nuts or seeds for a sweet and salty version.
12. Blueberry – stir in some blueberries and cinnamon for a blueberry pie flare. I top mine with brown sugar!
13. Apple Pear – stir in some apple and pear chunks with some cinnamon for a fruity delight.
14. Carrot Cake – stir in some shredded carrot with some cinnamon and top with some brown sugar and walnuts for a carrot cake version.
15. Peanut Butter – Stir in a scoop of peanut butter (and maybe a few chocolate chips) for a yummy start!
16. Honey & Banana – Start off with some banana chucks and cinnamon and stir in some honey for a sweet banana version.
17. Mandarin Delight – stir in some mandarin oranges and cinnamon and top with some slivered almonds for an Asian twist.
18. Peach – Stir in some brown sugar and peaches and top with some slivered almonds and cream (or skim milk).
19. Strawberry Cream – Stir in some strawberries and cinnamon and top with slivered almonds and cream.
20. Trail Mix – Stir in a handful of your favorite trail mix or a blend of a few listed above for your own tasty version!
Let us know if you try any and what you think! My favorites are the Peaches & Cream and Blueberry ones!