Now that summer is here, most of us will be driving more frequently. With all those fun summer activities we’ll be in the car a whole lot more. Let’s face it, we all want to have a clean and uncluttered vehicle to drive around in.
Here is a spring cleaning checklist to help keep your vehicle clean and tidy!
- Remove all items that don’t belong….including the garbage floating around
- Clean out the glove compartment and center console (make sure you have the latest insurance and registration info included)
- Vacuum the carpets and seats
- Put all DVDs and CDs in their place
- Wipe down all interior surfaces
- Clean inside of windows
- Place a small trash bin, car charger, tissues, and umbrella in your vehicle (preferably under the seats)
- Don’t forget the trunk
- empty out items that don’t belong
- stock with first aid kit and sunscreen
- update emergency kit (include flares, flashlight, spare tire, etc.)
- Child kit – these can be small fun boxes or bins with toys, books, paper, crayons, puzzles, etc. that can keep your little one occupied when traveling
- Ensure your inspection is up to date
- Check oil and other fluids and add/change if necessary
- Check air pressure in tires
- Clean the outside of the vehicle
Now that your vehicle is all set, enjoy your summer!! Make sure you keep up with clutter, and make sure your kids keep their “boxes” picked up. Once a week, empty anything that has accumulated.